Safeguarding Policy Statement
The purpose of this policy statement is:
- to protect children and young people who receive care, either long or short term, permanent or temporary from nannies, parent helps, babysitters, maternity nurses, and nanny/housekeepers introduced by East Green Child Care Services Ltd. from harm and neglect.
This policy applies to anyone working on the recommendation of East Green Child Care Services Ltd, including the Company Director.
This policy has been drawn up based on legislation, policy and guidance that seeks to protect children in England. A summary of the key legislation is available from www.nspcc.org.uk/learning
We strongly believe that:
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to recruit Childcare Professional’s in a way that protects them from potential harm or abuse.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of children is paramount in all the work we do and in all the decisions we take all children, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation have an equal right to protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, family circumstances, their age and the level of care required and any other needs they may have.
- working together with children, young people, their parents, carers and other professional bodies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- respecting everyones individual needs and requirements.
- appointing a nominated child protection lead for East Green Child Care Services Ltd.
- maintaining the best practice throughout day to day work and recruitment and undertaking all relevant checks eg DBS enhanced level checks.
- offering effective support for childcarers who may be concerned for a child’s or young person’s welfare in their place of work.
- recruiting and selecting candidates safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- recording, storing and using information professionally and securely, in line with data protection legislation and guidance [more information about this is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office: ico.org.uk/for-organisations]
- making sure that childcare professionals introduced by us know where to go for help if they have a concern regarding a child’s or young persons welfare.
- allowing an environment where children, young people, clients and carers are comfortable about sharing any concerns.
Nominated child protection lead
Name: Hazel Richardson
Position: Company Director
Phone: 01732 838417 07778923400
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
We are committed to reviewing our policy annually.